Thursday, March 26, 2009

Inspiring Books, Movies, Music

Taking recommendations for books, movies, music that have really impacted peoples' lives. Suddenly I have this crazy urge like I have been told I have a year to live to see all the beauty in the world and not miss a thing.

These are some of the recommendations I have gotten so far.

MOVIES
Fight Club
Waking Life
Groundhog’s Day (My friend Lisa recommended I watch this. This is actually one of my fav movies....and definitely fitting for this. "Don't drive angry!")
Thin
Freeway
May
Fresh
American Beauty
Naughty Cal
Requiem for a Dream (Seen this before and although the stories are so amazing, it was so renching that I don't know if I could sit through it again)
Amelie (This is one that Im puttin on the list to watch, I love it, and its so inspirational about living and loving in the moment.


MUSIC
Very excited about my friend Kolleen's recommendations for music. Want to try to expand and connect to music that I might have overlooked)
Nirvana
Fiona Apple
Kristen Hirsh, “Ghost”
Annie Lennox
Amy Riot grrl band
Bikini Kill
17
Sleater Kinney
Le tigre
Dax riggs
Deadboy and the elephantmen
Acidbath
Agents of oblivion

BOOKS
(Wow am I going to busy)
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Wasted by Marya Hornbacher
Madness by Hornbacher
The Center of Winter
The Hours
See a Grown Man Cry, Now Watch Him Die by Henry Rollins
Anything by John Irving
A Prayer for Owen Meaney
Poetry collections – Sylvia Plath, Anne Sexton, Adrienne Rich, The Dogs of Babe
Anything by A.M. Homes
Gaining by Aimee Liu
Perfect Girls, Starving Daughters
Going Hungry by Lauren Greenfield
Thin by Greenfield
Cunt by Inga Musico
Manfesta

Books that I'm already reading as part of this project
The 4 Agreements (review/response soon)
Wild Succulant Woman (review/response soon)

No comments: